- What isHorizon 2020?
- FindYour area
- How to get funding?
- News, Events& Publications
- The nextFramework Programme
- Extension of the Green Deal Call until 27 January
Due to a technical issue with the Funding and Tenders portal, the deadline for the H2020 EU Green Deal call has exceptionally been extended until 27 January at 17:00 (CET)
- Commission to invest €11 billion in new solutions for societal challenges and drive innovation-led sustainable growth
The European Commission today announced how it will spend the last and biggest annual tranche – €11 billion – of the EU research and innovation funding programme Horizon 2020 in the final year of the programme.
- Coronavirus response
The European Commission is coordinating a common European response to the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Horizon 2020 video – How to apply?
This short video animation will guide you through the first steps you will need to take to apply to Horizon 2020.
- Stepping up the fight against Ebola: €6 million of EU funding to support vaccine trials
The Ebola virus is a severe and often fatal illness in humans, with an average fatality rate of more than 50%. The virus is transmitted to people from wild animals.
- New FAQs on Horizon 2020 calls and grants published
New FAQs on Horizon 2020 calls and grants published on Thursday 16 April. Continuously updated info on extension of call deadlines, Pan-European hackathon opened for registration.
- EU mobilises €10 million for research on the new Coronavirus outbreak
The Commission announced today that it would grant €10 million from its research and innovation programme, Horizon 2020, to support research into the new Coronavirus disease.
Latest news and events
Coronavirus: EU support to innovators yields promising results one year on
In the past year, the Commission has invested €226 million through the European Innovation Council pilot and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology to support innovative start-ups, small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) and projects to develop solutions in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic and the ensuing crisis. Many of these companies and projects have already generated promising results. Read more
Announcement of the Open Market Consultation of the EU Innovation Procurement project Instand-NGS4P
Do not miss the Open Market Consultation on 22-23 March 2021 of the H2020 Pre-Commercial Procurement of Instand-NGS4P regarding integrated and standardized Next Generation Sequencing workflows for personalised therapy. Read more
New EU project ‘ONEM’ develops a unique hybrid imaging technique
The ONEM project will develop a new non-invasive microscopy technique for imaging dynamic processes at interfaces, called Optical Near-field Electron Microscopy. Read more
Contact & help
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Research Enquiry Service
- National Contact Points (NCPs)
- Related European Commission departments
- EU Local offices and information points
Follow the European Commission
- About the Commission’s new web presence
- Resources for partners
- Legal notice
- Europa Analytics
An official website of the European UnionHow do you know?